A single parabolic standard ripper provides an economical means of shattering hardpan soil by exploding the soil upward to promote root growth:
- Curved standard is less likely to slice through marginally moist soils than a straight standard
- Mole ball can be attached to the standard to help drain wet soils by leaving a small tunnel under the soil
- V-knife can be attached to the standard to effectively cut the root systems
- Improves water percolation into the subsoil zone
Two sizes of standards are available:
- 25 mm x 686 mm (1 in. x 27 in.)
- Maximum working depth of 406 mm (16 in.)
- 32 mm x 838 mm (1.25 in. x 33 in.)
- Maximum working depth of 559 mm (22 in.)
Both standards are protected for up to 6364 kg (14,000 lb) of operating force by a 16-mm (5/8-in.) shear bolt.
Attaches to 3-point hitch
The 22B In-Line Ripper attaches to the tractor's 3-point hitch:
- 25-mm x 686-mm (1-in. x 27-in.) standard model is compatible with Category 1, 3-point hitch tractors.
- 32 mm x 838 mm (1.25 in. x 33-in.) standard model is compatible with Category 2 or 2/3N tractors with or without Quik-Coupler
- 16.9-30 or larger rear tractor tires are recommended